Location: Birmingham and Remote Working
Benefits: Pension, flexible working, generous holiday allowance
Deadline: 19th May 2021
Services For Education is a growing children’s charity in Birmingham. We use the power of learning and music to improve outcomes for children, young people and communities.
Services for Education is looking for a new Educational Adviser to join the Schools Support Service division. The role will specialise in Safeguarding, PSHE, and Physical and Emotional Wellbeing. The successful candidate would be required to provide high level training and support to schools and wider educational settings to enable them to develop and achieve excellence in policy and practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience of dealing with safeguarding issues within an educational establishment and in supporting children and young people’s emotional and mental health. They will also be a confident trainer and adept at delivering online/remote training.
• To contribute to the delivery of centre-based and online safeguarding training sessions including Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) initial and refresher training, and safer recruitment.
• To deliver in-school, early years and non-education settings safeguarding training and consultancy sessions to a range of staff groups addressing wider safeguarding issues and topics.
• To identify and develop wider safeguarding training opportunities and content including online learning, webinars, and the Safeguarding Subscription service.
• To develop and deliver relevant and innovative continuing professional development opportunities to a range of staff groups/leaders/governors relating to PSHE and R(S)HE, emotional health and wellbeing
• To provide advice and guidance to primary schools on the teaching of PSHE and R(S)HE, and emotional and mental health
• To provide advice and guidance to schools on the development, review and evaluation of school policies relating to safeguarding, PSHE, RH(S)E, and emotional health and wellbeing
• To develop relevant and innovative teaching resources and materials to support the delivery of PSHE and R(S)HE, and emotional health and wellbeing in schools
• Where necessary identify, liaise and coordinate the work of associate advisers • Delivery of contracted work as specified by the contractor, including all stated monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
• To work across the company to contribute to internal and external wellbeing initiatives and projects
• Undertake continuing professional development to ensure we stay up-to-date of current thinking and research.
• Meeting of agreed course place/resource/programme sales
• Meeting of financial targets
• Contribution to SFE strategic priorities
• Dissemination of good practice/current thinking/research to wider team
• Maintaining the reputation of SFE as credible and knowledgeable experts in the fields of safeguarding, PSHE, R(S)HE and emotional health.
• Due to the nature of the post, the holder may be expected to work flexible hours in order to attend certain company events.
• This post requires an enhanced DBS clearance to be renewed every three years as SFE works closely with children and schools. Other appropriate checks and safeguards may also be required.
• The role will require a highly flexible, innovative approach.
A full driving licence is required together with access to legal use of a car and insurance appropriate to use the car for business purposes as well as travel to and from work.
how to apply
Please apply with a current CV and covering letter that outlines how your skills and experiences match the job description and person specification.
Applications must include a covering letter that outlines how your skills and experiences match the person spec.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all applications received. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but you are very welcome to re-apply at another time.
POST APPLICATIONS TO:
Services For Education
Unit 3 Holt Court
Birmingham Science Park Aston
T: +44 (0)121 366 9950
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating clearly which role(s) you are interested in applying for to: