Would YOU make a good Fundraising Manager?
Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Salary: £28 – £30K dependent on experience
Benefits: Pension, flexible working, generous holiday allowance
Closing Date: 11th February 2019
Services For Education is a growing children’s charity in Birmingham. We use the power of learning and music to improve outcomes for children, young people and communities.
The Fundraising Manager will lead the Fundraising team to ensure delivery of targets, with a focus on developing the corporate & sponsorship opportunities, overseeing individual giving and supporting an external agency in submitting trusts & foundations applications.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity for anyone who is looking to carve a career in fundraising to join a company who are currently in a major and exciting period of development.
Working with the Director of Marketing and Business Development you will shape the future of fundraising at our organisation and boost our charitable impact whilst changing the lives of more children in and around Birmingham.
Duties will include:
- Managing fundraising activities (corporate/sponsorship – the focus of the role, individual, major gifts and legacies) and supporting the external agency in grant applications
- Leading on all aspects of fundraising compliance, ensuing a quality management framework is in place that provides regular reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Working with a CRM system, ensuring records are effectively managed and maintained, and providing monthly financial reporting and other management information on a timely basis
- Effectively managing the fundraising team
In return, our company offers great perks including a generous pension, flexible working opportunities and substantial holiday allowance.
More importantly, we offer you an opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people in Birmingham.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional Fundraising Qualification
- Experience as a fundraiser, securing income from corporates, trusts and individual giving
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, donors and external agencies
- Experience delivering a fundraising strategy including capital appeals and campaigns
- Experience using and setting up a CRM
- Understanding of compliance and legal fundraising frameworks
- Experience of delivering income against agreed targets
- Track record of success in corporates, grants and individual giving
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage own workload
- Ability to manage others
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proactive and solution focused
- High level of integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Willing to seek advice and support when necessary
how to apply
We thank you for your application and appreciate the time and effort involved.
Applications must include a covering letter that outlines how your skills and experiences match the person spec.
Closing Date: 1st February 2019
Due to the large number of applications, we receive we are unfortunately not always able to respond to everyone. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion.
POST APPLICATIONS TO:
Services For Education
Unit 3 Holt Court
Birmingham Science Park Aston
T: +44 (0)121 366 9950
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating clearly which role(s) you are interested in applying for to: