The courses will develop participants’ understanding of EYFS assessment and includes standardisation and moderation using STA national exemplification materials and school moderation visits.
During the training sessions, participants will:
- Develop their understanding of the content of the STA national EYFS Profile Exemplification materials
- Find out key, up to date information about the EYFS Profile and the moderation process
- Explore and reflect on EYFS practice and provision in relation to the focus ELGs to support observational assessment
- Explore ‘how’ children learn by reflecting on the ‘characteristics of effective learning’
- Continued practitioner professional development in line with the assessment requirements from the Statutory Framework for the Foundation Stage and Ofsted Guidance
The EYFS Profile training events in 2019 will focus on the ELGs for Mathematics, Understanding of the World, and Expressive arts and design.
During the school moderation visits, trained, quality assured EYFS Profile moderators will:
- Moderate the teachers’ judgments across the 17 Early Learning Goals in line with the STA’s national EYFSP exemplification
- Make accurate and consistent assessments across the seventeen Early Learning Goals to inform parents and Year One practitioners
For more information contact us here or call us on 0121 366 9950.