Services For Education are delighted to offer on-the-job teacher training in partnership with a range of Birmingham primary schools. We offer salaried and fee-paying opportunities.
Learn on the job and reach Qualified Teacher Status with the trusted training provider in Birmingham and you’ll also benefit from saving up to £3,250 on usual course fees (£6,000 total).
Or our salaried course is perfect for exceptional candidates who are truly committed to teaching.
But there are only 20 spaces available each year so please apply soon to secure your place.
“Knowledge of trainees and their personal and professional needs is excellent.”
External Moderation Report (10.12.18)
Our main centralised training takes place at Greenholm Primary School and our placement partner schools are:
All trainees will attend one or two days school based training each week for most of the year at Greenholm Primary School.
This is the core training programme upon which the trainees’ school will build and personalise the development plan. The rest of the time will be spent in placement schools.
All trainees will be based in two of the above schools during the year, and will be allocated a programme tutor and a school based mentor who will lead on the trainees’ development programme and support.
“Partnership schools provide good-quality learning experiences and high-quality mentoring for trainees to develop their professional abilities. A good range of schools, serving different neighbourhoods, make up the partnership.” Ofsted
Our fee-paying SCITT course price is capped at £6,000 which is £3,250 less than most other providers.
- An Experienced Team. We are home to the team that delivered training on behalf of the Birmingham Local Authority for ten years and are now accredited to award QTS as a separate entity.
- Great Quality Teaching. 81% of our students said they were very satisfied with our course last year (the other 19% were satisfied) and in 2018, Ofsted assessed and graded our programmes as good.
- Personal Support. Our continually trained tutors and mentoring staff will always be on hand to offer support and ensure trainees’ wellbeing.
An Opportunity to Earn While You Learn. Our salaried course is perfect for exceptional candidates who are truly passionate about teaching.
But there are only 20 spaces available so apply soon to secure your place.
“SFE leaders and partnership schools share an ambition for excellence and demonstrate high levels of commitment and dedication to ensuring that trainees are thoroughly prepared for their careers in teaching.” Ofsted
Ofsted Initial Teacher Education Inspection Report
Stage 1: 15th May 2018
Stage 2: 25th November 2018
The partnership ensures that trainees are superbly prepared for their careers in teaching.
Leaders have a strong focus on sustaining and improving the quality of training across the partnership. They are hard-working, dedicated and committed to the continual pursuit of high-quality outcomes for trainees.
Trainees have very positive views about their training, the programme and the guidance provided by tutors and mentors.
Partnership schools provide good-quality learning experiences and high-quality mentoring for trainees to develop their professional abilities. A good range of schools, serving different neighbourhoods, make up the partnership.
SFE leaders and partnership schools share an ambition for excellence and demonstrate high levels of commitment and dedication to ensuring that trainees are thoroughly prepared for their careers in teaching. Leaders have a clear vision for the future and are relentless in their pursuit of the highest quality of training.
You can read the full report here.
For more information about our SCITT Programmes, visit the GOV.UK website here.
You can apply via UCAS here
All shortlisted applicants will take part in a two stage selection process comprising centre based panel interviews and presentations, and a classroom observation in one of the partnership schools.
In addition all trainees must have passed GCSE maths, English, and science at grade C or above, and their numeracy and literacy skills tests
before starting the course.
“Trainees have excellent professional relationships with their mentors”
External Moderation Report
If you would like to discuss our Initial Teacher Training Courses with us, then please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0121 366 9950.
You can also get support and advice from the Department for Education on getting into teaching at https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/
Or you can find out how to write a brilliant application in our recent blog post: 8 Teacher Training Application Tips