At Services For Education we provide both NQT registration and professional development to ensure teachers new to the profession develop fully to become outstanding practitioners.
Becoming newly qualified is a challenging and exciting time and we’ve found that NQTs and their mentors really benefit from guidance, support and the updates and communication that we have to offer.
In turn, schools will see a real boost in the teaching they provide and benefit from greater levels of retention of new teachers.
One of the largest AB’s in the country, maintaining a core team with 25+ years teaching experience and primary, secondary and HE level
An established company offering statutory training, school improvement, CPD and a bespoke offer across the midlands and nationally
High quality support with a respected reputation from Headteachers across the Midlands and surrounding countries
Long standing expertise supporting LA and Independent schools and academies
Why Choose SFE As Your Appropriate Body?
- Personalised customer service
- Our dedicated NQT team process, read and quality assure every assessment submitted within a prompt time frame
- Our robust process has integrity and consists of email and telephone support, and visits for both NQT and leaders to support with concerns and QA processes
- Opportunity to meet the team at our NQT conference
- Value for money: registration fee of £260* includes a place on the nqt conference, telephone and email support and school visits*
- Flexibility to register your NQT’s for 1, 2 or 3 terms with registration fees adjusted accordingly
- Prompt response to request for support offering expertise and advice, and in school support
- Rolling registration and regular updates of NQT data to the TRA throughout the year
- We are able to draw on the expertise of our team of dedicated Educational Advisers covering EYFS, Primary and Secondary
- Established NQT Induction Tutor training offered termly
- Competitive pricing remaining the same for the last three years
Acting on behalf of the Local Authority to support NQTs, we use an online system called NQT Manager. This allows you to register your NQTs in a paperless manner. The system is secure, encrypted and password protected.
Once you have registered an NQT the system will notify you when assessments are due and calculate end dates to induction etc.
However, our induction managers are still on hand to answer queries and provide face-to-face support when needed.
For a direct link to Birmingham’s NQT Manager system: LAbirmingham.nqtmanager.com
Follow the instructions of how to register your school.
The Spring deadline for registering NQTs is Thursday 16th January 2020.
Click here to register now.
We provide a range of different courses to help support those in their first few years of teaching.
These courses are aimed at those primarily in their first and second years of teaching, as well as those overseeing their development.
As the appropriate body for Birmingham NQTs, we have a comprehensive understanding of the needs of newly and recently qualified teachers and our courses are open to all, whether you are registered with us as the appropriate body or another provider.
Free Podcast: How To Support and Retain High Quality NQTs
In this short podcast, NQT Advisers Helen and Simone share good practice they have seen in schools regarding supporting NQTs in order to meet teaching standards and retain staff.
Simone qualified with a PGCE in Religious Education following a Bachelors degree in Theology. Simone went onto lead RE in two demographically differently schools in Birmingham before working for the city’s advisory service.
Simone works in two areas: Religious Education and Newly Qualified Teachers. Working in Religious Education Simone works with faith groups and advises the Standing Advisory Council for RE (SACRE) on RE and Collective Worship. She has worked with others to design lesson plans for the Faith Makes a Difference website to support schools to implement the Birmingham Agreed Syllabus. She has worked on drafting the new 2019 Agreed Syllabus.
Simone also works with primary and secondary teachers and school governors. Working on behalf of the City Council as the Appropriate Body for NQTs Simone works with senior leaders and tutors to support their NQTs through induction.
Simone has recently been awarded her PhD – demonstrating her love of learning and Religious Education!
Helen qualified with a first class honours degree in English and Education Studies in 1998. A significant amount of her degree was spent studying in Amsterdam under the Hogeschool Holland, adding a TESOL element to her degree and enabling study and understanding of international approaches to education.
Helen’s teaching career then took place across Staffordshire in infant, first and primary schools, taking on various roles in subject leadership, as SENCo and SLT, and achieving the NCTL Leadership Pathways award.
Noted successful practice resulted in Helen becoming a Leading Maths Teacher, supporting colleagues across the county. This became a role which she increasingly enjoyed and led naturally a role in consultancy and advising.
Helen joined Services for Education in 2015 as an Education Adviser. Her role was primarily as a Maths Adviser however since joining the company has also become manager of the highly successful Health for Life in Primary Schools programme, NQT Manager as part of the LA approved Appropriate Body for NQT Induction and a member of the Statutory Assessment team.
The deadline for registering NQTs is Thursday 16th January 2020 (Spring Registration).
For more information contact us here or call us on 0121 366 9950.
With extensive expertise and experience in providing high quality support for newly qualified teachers and their tutors, Services For Education acts as the Appropriate Body for the induction of NQTs for Birmingham Local Authority.
Services For Education offers a comprehensive induction service including:
- Registration of NQTs with the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Processing, monitoring and quality assurance of assessment forms including following up with schools as necessary
- Final decision making as to whether or not an NQT has made satisfactory progress against the Teacher Standards based on Headteacher/Principal recommendations
- Access to phone/email support from dedicated and knowledgeable Induction managers – Delivery of a half day Induction Meeting for NQTs
- The 3Ps: Process, Practice and Policy (optional at no additional cost)
- Advice and guidance for NQTs not making satisfactory progress or at risk of failure – Advice and guidance for NQT Induction Tutors
- Where required, carry out a visit per school to advise, support and quality assure that the appropriate monitoring and support is in place in line with statutory requirements
- Regular reminders of registration /assessment submission deadline dates and training opportunities that may be beneficial for NQTs and Induction Tutors
The cost of registration is based on the academic year and charged (non-refundable) as follows:
– £260 for each NQT registered at a school for three terms or FTE
– £180 for each NQT registered at a school for two terms or FTE
– £100 for each NQT registered at a school for one term or FTE
An additional administration charge of £25 for each NQT will be incurred if Registration submissions (for beginning of term starters) and/or Assessment returns are received late of the published deadline dates.
If an NQT leaves part way through induction there will be no refund of registration charges.
Payment Schools will be invoiced for registrations and/or late submission administration charges within 30 days of the deadline dates for each term.
Payment should be received by SFE within 30 days of receipt of the invoice(s).
– a range of digital Early Career Development resources for NQTs
– bespoke support and visits
– Early Career Development Quality Mark
This podcast is aimed at those primarily in their first and second years of teaching, providing a wide range of advice and good practice as you begin your career.
Feel free to follow us on SoundCloud to stay up to date with our podcasts or keep an eye out on our social media. We will announce new podcasts on a monthly basis.