Music in the Early Years Foundation Stage can be provided throughout the week to support the wider aims of school development plans by:
- Enhancing the development of children’s spoken language and extending vocabulary, underpinning all seven areas of learning and development.
- Strengthening a language rich environment, embedding vocabulary through the use of song, rhyme, beat and rhythm.
- Boosting children’s memory, listening and attention skills.
- Developing the three Prime Areas of Learning (communication and language, physical development, personal, social and emotional development) so that children have the skills to access the specific areas.
- Igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, forming relationships and thriving.
- Raising children’s learning outcomes across all seven areas of learning within the foundation stage.
Music builds pupils’ confidence and supports wellbeing. Music Service EY Specialists teachers will foster and model the three ‘characteristics of effective learning’ so that children learn to explore, to be engaged and motivated to develop their thinking skills by making links in their learning through music.
Soundtots is an ideal platform to broaden your curriculum and give opportunities to strengthen and apply the prime areas of learning through music making and movement.
For more information, contact us here or call us on 0121 366 9950.